Warehouse Outbound Supervisor
MBC is looking for an exceptional individual to join its dynamic warehousing management team in Newcastle.
A chance to join a great team and dynamic environment, working in one of the leading and most progressive outdoor and Snow sports distributors in the UK.
Based in our Wallsend distribution centre, working Monday- Friday, hours generally 8-4, (but with a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done!).
Reporting to the Operations and logistics manager and working in tandem with the customer service team, this role focuses on the management of outbound stock and functions within the business, with a clear focus on ensuring efficient and accurate output of customer orders in line with customer service directives.
Key function of the role.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate distribution of outbound orders of all natures
- Picking and packing orders for retail customers and direct to customer business
- Priority, preparing and planning on multiple/ large orders including direct delivery booking in
- Daily priority on independent orders and web transactions
- Communication and collaboration with inbound supervisor on priority and imminent arrivals
- Delegation of resources for outbound stock team
- Setting and monitoring KPI on pick rate and pick efficiency
- Loading and unloading delivery and courier vehicles by hand and using forklift
- Assisting on annual stock checks and daily stock maintenance
- Operate warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Maintain service standards and comply with company procedures rules and regulations
Ideal candidates will ideally have-
- A background and passion for the outdoors and equipment
- Experience in supervision/management of staff in a warehouse environment
- Experience in warehouse/web dispatch
- Good organisational, time management and man management skills
- Good IT skills and a flexibility to adapt to new systems
- A dynamic personality, with a strong can do, will do mentality
- A desire and passion for service excellence and going that extra mile every day
- Current fork lift licence (training will be given if not)
- Full clean driving licence (not imperative)
- An attractive salary with annual review
- Optional company pension scheme (after six months successful probation)
- Generous kit allowance and staff purchase scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Optional company health care
- Generous holiday allowance
Interested applicants should complete the below application form and submit to Alan Farrimond, Operations and Logistics Manager firstname.lastname@example.org