Sea to Summit Northern Area Sales Manager
The Mountain Boot co Ltd, UK and Ireland distributors for Sea to Summit (STS) are seeking an Area Sales Manager for an exciting new role focused on STS!..... Territory – Northern England, North Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Building on global and domestic momentum with the STS brand, we are seeking to appoint for this exciting new role, to provide additional resource and focus aimed at driving the next stages of our targets and opportunity.
Remit – Reporting to the Sales Director/ Brand manager You will be responsible for developing the STS business in the territory through a wide range of current independent accounts. Key goals will be to increase the breadth of representation within these existing retailers and crucially enhance visual merchandising standards. In addition to existing accounts, you will be focused on opening new doors in core and diverse sectors. Alongside the sell in and sell out duties described above, staff training, and support will be a key focus within the independent base and with multiple branches from the likes of Cotswold, Go, Tiso, Brigham’s etc. This will be in store, but from time to time, could be in a centralised venue.
Whilst the business operates a world class show room facility for the brand in Kendal, it is key to stress that this resource/investment is very focused on “feet on the ground in stores”.
It is proposed that this role could be optimised through carrying key point of sale and potentially key sell in packages of stock and as such a fully expensed company van will be provided.
The role will require a degree of weekly feedback and reporting, including photography of visual merchandising standards and results.
Successful applicants will
- Have a proven track record in developing sales and account management within the outdoor sector.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability for efficient journey planning and territory management.
- Have a keen eye and passion for winning space in store and encouraging retailers to divert a broad range of categories your way from existing suppliers.
- A solid commercial grounding in sales, pricing, margin, profit, Rate of sale and return on investment.
- A willingness to go the extra mile, do what it takes and a love of travel.
- A strong visual merchandising understanding.
MBC is offering an attractive salary, expensed vehicle, optional company pension scheme, health care. Death in service benefit, staff allowance and account.
Application form for the position can be obtained below.
Closing date for applications 1/3/19.