The Mountain Boot Company (MBC) is one of the UK’s leading outdoor and ski distributors. Founded in 1995, MBC has a world class portfolio of brands including Scarpa, Sea To Summit, Deuter, Grivel, Organic Climbing, Friction Labs, Edelweiss and Lorpen.
MBC is a company of mountaineering, climbing, outdoor, ski and sports enthusiasts which is reflected within the level of service and support available as well as the high quality and performance of the products on offer.
We are currently looking to expand our Purchasing Department with the appointment of a Purchasing Assistant. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, operating in a fast paced and demanding environment. Working alongside the Purchasing Manager you will assist in ensuring that product and the timely delivery of the right level of stock meet the demands of the business and customers.
This position would suit an individual who is wanting to pursue a career in stock planning / purchase management or looking for a new challenge where they can grow and develop their skills. An interest in mountaineering, climbing, outdoor or ski sports, is preferable but not essential.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in the planning / forecasting of stock and sales across all brands to meet customer demand and company financial targets.
- Prepare and maintain Planning and Purchase Order system to ensure that all purchase orders and planning data are processed and updated in a timely manner.
- Raising and submitting purchase orders within supplier deadlines.
- Liaise with warehouse manager, suppliers and freight forwarders in relation to the planning and timing of weekly inbound deliveries into the warehouse.
- Assist with booking goods onto stock system and resolving any delivery discrepancies from suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance and advise Purchasing Manager of any changes to planned delivery schedule and update system accordingly.
- Assist in obtaining quotations and arrange shipment of goods with selected Freight Forwarders.
- Liaise with Brand Managers in relation to seasonal ranges across all brands. Develop, produce and submit appropriate Range Plans, Electronic Sales Order Forms and Trade Price lists as appropriate.
- Assist in the maintenance and setting up of products and appropriate coding within the stock system.
- Liaise with Sales and Customer Service teams to ensure key customer orders are received and processed within Purchase Order deadlines.
- Respond to all internal and external purchasing and stock related enquiries.
- Develop, update and distribute department, company and management reports as and when required.
- Additional administrative duties lined to the dept.
- Ambitious and driven to learn and progress within the role
- Endless enthusiasm with a strong determination to succeed.
- Adaptable and flexible approach, proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to organise, priorities and complete tasks within timescales.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent keyboard, data entry and IT skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel and Access essential
- Customer focussed with good interpersonal, problem solving and administration skills.
- Experience within stock planning or purchasing administration is preferrable.
During the Pandemic and for the foreseeable this role will be based working from home with standard hours 9-5, the role eventually will migrate to being based in our Newcastle office.
The post comes with an attractive package.
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Optional private medical care
- Death in service benefit
- Staff annual allowance
- Optional company pension scheme with employer contribution
- Holiday allowance 22 days with lieu days for weekend work as may be required.
Closing date for applications 1st March 21
Interested applicants should download the application form from below and submit applications to Managing Director, Steve Roberts - email@example.com