Area Sales Manager – Northern England, Scotland and Ireland
The Mountain Boot Co is seeking to recruit an exceptional sales manager to work with its world class portfolio of brands including Scarpa, Grivel and a host of leading climbing brands. The role covers an exciting range of retailers and geography.
- Business development of our extensive and diverse business in Northern England, Scotland and Ireland.
- Representing world class brands.
-Generating ranging penetration, gaining forward order commitment, forecasts and optimising asap possibilities within a wide range of premium accounts.
- Training and sell out support for independents and branches of leading outdoor multiples including - Cotswold, Blacks, Go Outdoors, Ellis Brigham, Snow and Rock, Nevisport and Tiso.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate
- Proven track record in field sales & strong existing knowledge of the outdoor retail landscape.
- High competency in order generation, stock merchandising, account handling, point of sale display placement and maintenance.
- Proven track record in winning hearts and minds of retail staff and influencing their sales activity.
- Dynamic and energetic approach to the role
- Clear understanding and affinity with technical outdoor products and the end use resulting in the ability to converse daily at all levels with retailers in the sector.
- Relish extensive travel in the territory and engaging with retail staff at all levels on a daily and intense basis.
- Be willing to engage in travel outside of the 9-5, to ensure optimum call rate and journey efficiency, whilst demonstrating a track record in previous journey / territory management planning
- Be willing to work selective weekend days in store and out of hours to support retail sell through.
- Clean driving licence required
The opportunity offers -
- A chance to join one of the premier and progressive distributors in the sector.
- A chance to work for some of the most recognised brands in the world
- A chance to work in the best geography for both retailer and activities!
The role comes with an attractive package including…
- Basic salary (Negotiable and experience related)
- Company car
- Optional company pension scheme with employers contribution
- Optional health care option
- Death in service benefit
- Staff kit allowance and generous staff purchase terms